MEMBERSHIP at NBC
Join Narragansett Boat Club to become part of a community of rowers encompassing all ages and abilities. NBC is open to all and welcomes new members at any time. Some of us row for the exercise and recreation while others are highly competitive. All of us row for the love of it—join us!
Membership types and 2019 dues
- Regular Adult Members (ages 27-71) $650
- Half-price memberships $325
- U27 (ages 18-26)
- Spouse of a Regular Member
- 72+ (age 72 and over)
- Free memberships: Minor children of Regular Members (Juniors)
- Sustaining Clubhouse members $220
Membership is for the calendar year: January 1–December 31. Regular Members (including spouse, U27, and 72+) have all of the rights and responsibilities of full membership as defined in the Policies & Procedures. Membership rights and responsibilities are also established in the Club Constitution, Article III.
- Full access to boats that you are qualified to use, as determined by the Captain
- Discount for classes in regular NBC rowing programs as determined by Director of Rowing (private coaching classes are not eligible for discounts)
- Social events, pot-luck parties, regatta participation
- Mentoring and informal coaching from our master rowers, including video analysis and rowing clinics
- Use of club meeting room for private functions
- Formal and informal group rowing sessions
- Participation in exclusive events, clinics, and fitness testing
- Participation in club governance and decision making, including new boat acquisitions and improvements to the club’s facilities
- Private rack rental: Available on a limited, yearly basis.
Sustaining Clubhouse Members have Regular Member privileges, except for the use of rowing boats (including sweep boats). In addition, they may not vote or hold office on the Board of Governors, though they may serve on committees.
Junior Members: Rowing privileges extend to children under 18. Non-rowing parents must become Regular Members for their children under 18 to row outside classes. Children under 18 must always be supervised by an adult club member.
New Members: Those joining for the first time will pay half-price for regular membership and full dues for U27 and 72+ membership if joining before July 1; membership for all membership types is pro-rated on a monthly basis for new members joining after July 1.
All members are responsible for Boathouse security to insure the safety of rowers and the protection of the equipment. Members are responsible for the operation of the Club through active participation on committees, the Board of Governors, work parties and other functions. Please consult the Policies & Procedures to fully understand what is required of the members.
For more information and questions email the Secretary.