MEMBERSHIP at NBC
Join Narragansett Boat Club to become part of a community of rowers encompassing all ages and abilities. NBC is open to all and welcomes new members at any time. Some of us row for the exercise and recreation while others are highly competitive. All of us row for the love of it—join us!
Membership is for the calendar year: January 1–December 31. Regular Members have all of the rights and responsibilities of full membership as defined in the Policies & Procedures. Rowing privileges extend to children under 18. Non-rowing parents must become Regular Members for their children under 18 to row outside classes. Children under 18 must always be supervised by an adult club member.
- Full access to boats that you are qualified to use, as determined by the Captain.
- $90 discount for classes in the NBC rowing programs
- Social events, pot-luck parties, regatta participation
- Mentoring and informal coaching from our master rowers, including video analysis and rowing clinics.
- Use of club meeting room for private functions
- Formal and informal group rowing sessions
- Participation in exclusive events, clinics, and fitness testing
- Participation in club governance and decision making, including new boat acquisitions and improvements to the club’s facilities.
- Private rack rental: Available on a limited, yearly basis.
DISCOUNTS: To receive discounts for youth classes for your children, they need to be registered for our “Children's Membership” (free for NBC members).
RESPONSIBILITIES: All members are responsible for Boathouse security to insure the safety of rowers and the protection of the equipment. Members are responsible for the operation of the Club through active participation on committees, the Board of Governors, work parties and other functions. Please consult the Policies & Procedures to fully understand what is required of the members.
For more information and questions e-mail the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on membership types and fees and to join, click below.