Regatta Central FAQs
What is Regatta Central?
Regatta Central is a company that offers club and regatta management for rowing clubs. NBC uses Regatta Central for all registrations and payments for memberships, classes, boat and oar storage, off-site boat use fees, etc. as well as for our regattas. You will need to create a Regatta Central account (if you do not already have one) in order to register and pay for classes and memberships.
What happens if I have multiple Regatta Central accounts?
If you use different Regatta Central accounts for membership and class registrations, you may not receive class discounts as the system does not recognize that your accounts are for the same person. If you suspect that you have several Regatta Central accounts, please contact Regatta Central Support who can merge your accounts.
HOW CAN I CHECK PAST PAYMENTS AND REGISTRATIONS?
You can check your account by logging into Regatta Central and clicking on "view details" in the center-right part of the screen to see all past payments, registrations, and refunds that have been applied to your account.
I AM A MEMBER AND REGISTERED FOR A CLASS BUT DID NOT RECEIVE THE CLASS DISCOUNT.
- Please make sure that you used the same Regatta Central account to register for the membership and the class. If you suspect that you have several Regatta Central accounts, please contact Regatta Central Support who can merge the accounts for you.
- There is a bug in the Regatta Central system that does not apply class discounts properly at checkout for the second or later classes. However, the Regatta Central system records the discount internally, and the discount is applied to your account when the Treasurer resets the discount trigger (which will happen regularly). The Treasurer will then issue a refund directly to your credit card. You can check your account by logging into Regatta Central and clicking on "view details" in the center-right part of the screen to see whether the discount has been applied to your account and whether the refund has been issued (please note that it may take a few days before the discount appears and when it is issued).
How will I receive refunds that NBC owes me?
If NBC owes you a refund, it will be credited directly to the credit card you used for the original payment: you can check on Regatta Central whether the refund has been applied to your account and refunded to your credit card. If you paid by check, the Treasurer will mail you a check.
How should I sign up for family membership?
How should two rowing adults in the same family sign up for regular and spouse memberships? If adult 1 signs up for regular membership, then there are several options for registering adult 2 for spouse membership:
- If adult 2 will not sign up for any classes, then adult 1 can sign up adult 2 for spouse membership through adult 1's Regatta Central account or adult 2 can sign up under adult 2's account.
- If adult 2 wants to sign up for classes under their Regatta Central account, then adult 2 must sign up for spouse membership under their Regatta Central account to receive class discounts (adult 1 should not sign up adult 2 for spouse membership under adult 1's Regatta Central account).
- If adult 2 will sign up for classes only through adult 1's Regatta Central account, then adult 1 must sign up adult 2 for spouse membership for adult 2 to receive class discounts.
If you made the wrong choice, please contact the Treasurer, who can switch your membership from one account to another.
Do I need to sign up rowing children for Children membership?
Yes, all rowing children need to be registered for Children membership. First, we need your liability waiver for all rowing children on file. Secondly, children who are not registered for Children membership will not receive any class discounts.